League Administration Intern
Company: East Region Soccer League (ERSL)
Job Title: League Administration Intern
Estimated Start Date: May 14th, 2018
Location: 1150 Morrison Dr, Suite 303 Ottawa ON
Contact: Shannon Holder
If you are looking to build a career in sports administration and management, then the East Region Soccer League (ERSL) provides an excellent opportunity to learn all of the various facets of the industry. You will have the chance to work with a reputable regional sports association, with over 25 member Clubs, and more than 450 teams. Our paid internship program includes direct experience in sports administration, operations, communications, and management.
The successful candidate must be a full-time student in the fall of 2018.
The ideal candidate will exemplify the following characteristic:
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- General knowledge of the game of soccer
- Good decision making skills
- Interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google apps, and E-mail.
This is an excellent opportunity to break into the sports industry. The position will provide a wide range of experience. You will be involved in all daily administrative operations of the East Region Soccer League. Some of the work you will be doing includes:
- Processing Game Sheets; verifying discipline records and statistics
- Maintaining online schedules and web site information
- Determining Eligibility of Players with the Ontario Soccer
- Event planning for extra-league competitions
- Interpreting the League Reschedule Policy, Discipline Policy, Referee Appointment Policy and competition Rules & Regulations
- Customer Service communications by e-mail with Members
- Other tasks as assigned
Term & Remuneration:
This is a full-time, short term, paid contract position, with an expected start date of May 14, 2018. The successful candidate will report to the General Manager, and will be expected to work 30 hours per week, Monday-Thursday until the end of August.
Applications are due by Friday April 20th 2018 and will only be accepted electronically by email.
Please send Resume and Cover letter to:
Shannon Holder, GM@ersl.ca with the job title in your e-mail subject line.
We look forward to reviewing your applications and scheduling an interview with successful candidates.